To add additional pickup locations to your store, you first need to make sure these locations are set up in your Shopify settings.
Setup locations in Shopify
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Locations
- Click Add location
- Enter a unique name and an address for the location
- If you want the inventory at this location to be available for online purchases, then check Fulfill online orders from this location
- If this is a brick-and-mortar location that you regularly sell from in person, then click This location is a retail store
- Click Save
After you create a location, it’s added to the bottom of your fulfilment priority list.
Click here to find out more about setting up your locations
Setting your Sherpa Delivery App to pickup from different locations
- Navigate from your Shopify admin to Apps > Sherpa Delivery
- Select Location Details from the header navigation
- Scroll down to the Store Locations section and select Deliver from multiple locations
Your customers will be required to enter a postcode on their cart page before they proceed to the checkout to check if there is stock available to their location. The Sherpa shipping app will then determine the best pickup location based on the shipping address entered on checkout.
If all items in the cart cannot be fulfilled from a single pickup location, the customer will be asked to remove the unfulfilable items from the cart before proceeding to checkout. You can customise this experience for your customers under Cart Options
Learn more about Cart Options for multiple locations here
Learn more about managing your inventory for multiple locations here
Remove the "Buy Now" Button from Your Store
Shopify allows your store to offer a 'dynamic' checkout button, which displays to your customers as a "Buy Now" button on product pages, and takes them directly to the checkout when selected.
This button is currently incompatible with Sherpa Delivery because it bypasses the "add to cart" functionality required to input post code and select a date from the calendar date picker.
We recommend removing this button completely from your product pages
Remove "Buy Now" button from your product pages
- From Shopify's admin, select Online Store, then Customize
- Select Customize
- Select the dropdown menu at the top and select Product Pages
- Uncheck Show dynamic checkout button
- Select Save
Should you need further assistance with this, please send an email to email@example.com or log a support ticket via our help desk.