At Sherpa, there a few different additional surcharges or costs you should be aware of. Here's a quick summary of these charges:
As you may know, deliveries that have a pick-up or delivery location in the CBD face more challenges for drivers than deliveries in suburban areas. Most notably regarding traffic and parking, but also high rise buildings and their corresponding building security measures take extra time for items to get delivered.
Sherpa may charge a CBD surcharge for deliveries that either have a pick-up or drop-off location in the vicinity of Auckland CBD, or the Auckland postcodes 1010 and 1011.
If we are delivering a number of items within a delivery, you may be charged an Item Quantity surcharge. Depending on the type of vehicle you select for your delivery, the charges differ.
Car Deliveries - If there are more than TWO items in a delivery, the user will be charged $1.37 ex GST per additional item.
Van Deliveries - If there are more than FOUR items in a delivery, the user will be charged $1.37 ex GST per additional item.
Return Delivery / Redeliveries
A Sherpa driver will attempt to log a return or redelivery in the following circumstances:
- If the recipient is unavailable and you have marked ATL, the Sherpa driver will assess if there is a safe place to leave the item. If there is no safe place, the Sherpa driver will contact you directly to ask for permission to book a return or redelivery.
- If the recipient is unavailable and you have NOT marked ATL, the Sherpa driver will contact you directly to ask for permission to book a return or redelivery.
- If the items to be delivered consist of alcohol and/or tobacco and:
- The person receiving it is under 18 years of age
- The recipient is intoxicated
- The recipient is unavailable
- If the delivery information provided is incorrect.
- If the item is handed over to the wrong Sherpa driver; that is, not the one assigned to that specific job.
In all of the above cases, the Sherpa driver will be instructed to book a return delivery to the pickup location. Please note, the user will be charged for the cost of the return or the redelivery.
If the Sherpa driver picks up the wrong item and the driver is at fault, the user will not be charged for the return or redelivery.
Wait Time Fees
If the driver has arrived at the pickup or delivery location (after the ready at time) and needs to wait, the user will be charged wait time fees.
You can read more about Wait Time Fees here.
Sherpa Cancellation Policy
For further information on Sherpa's Cancellation Policy, please click here.